15 November, 2011

Southern Pecan Pie

This recipe has been in my family for at least 3 generations, I'm not sure how many more.  It's also one of our favorites to serve and enjoy with family and friends.





Southern Pecan Pie

1 cup sugar

¾ cup light corn syrup

½ cup (1 stick) margarine

3 eggs, beaten

1 cup pecans

½ teaspoon vanilla

1/8 teaspoon salt

8” or 9” unbaked pastry shell


Combine sugar, corn syrup, margarine. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil. Slowly blend in eggs. Add pecans, vanilla, and salt. Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.

I'm grateful to be able to share with my family and friends and fellowship over great food.  Also to be able to have the chance to learn from my family not only the history of our family but also the recipes and learn the stories behind them.

*I confess that I don't have a photo of my Pecan Pie because by the time I think about it, it's gone!





I'll be linking up over at The Old Fashioned Recipe Exchange at Little House on the Prairie Living http://www.littlehouseliving.com/old-fashioned-recipe-exchange-11-15.html as well as Gratituesday at http://heavenlyhomemakers.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...